As a result of outstanding performance and business expansion we seek to recruit diligent, suitable and qualified candidates for the position below:
-The role of a Project manager is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, executive, control and completion of project, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization.
-The project manager is a person who has the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
-He/She must have a combination of skills including an ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts, as well as more general management skills.
1. Manage projects using different methodologies as may be required – Agile, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall.
2. Manage and coordinate the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
3. Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation including but not limited to project schedule, project charter, Business Case, SOW etc.
4. Build strong, collaborative relationships and takes ownership of key initiatives across business levels and functions
5. Manage risk and issue identification, tracking, and resolution process
6. Monitor and manage project scopeand deliverables
7. MonitorProject delivery against agreed timeframes/budgets and creation of contingency plans.
8. Provide both verbal and written communications regarding project status, risks and issues
9. Work on multiple projects simultaneously
10. Monitor and report on project progress periodically
11. Respond to RFI/RFP on prospects as it concerns project management
- Relevant tertiary qualification. Professional project management qualification in PMP / CAPM / PRINCE2 will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in project / program management
- Key knowledge and skill in project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines, and recommends improvements to realize efficiencies
- Key knowledge of communications/escalation management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of productive tools such as Microsoft Office(Ms. Project, Ms. Excel, Ms. Word, Ms. PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of Project Development and Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience in finance/IT/banking industry (preferred)
Skills and Personal Attributes
1. Excellent Analytical Skills and attention to details
2. Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
3. Ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical user friendly language
4. Team and Indomitable Spirit
5. Ability to manage priorities, conflicts and handle stress
6. Time Management
7. Assertive Drive
8. Commercial awareness and business acumen;
9. Ability to influence without authority
10. Exceptional negotiation skills;
11. Networking and relationship management skills;
12. Strong interest in project management
- Application Developers, Implementation Team, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance Team, SBU Heads, Business Development, Support staff (HR, Finance, and Admin), etc.
- Client project resources, users, and management, etc.
Head. Project Management
Application Closing Date:
December 7, 2018
This vacancy is a full time position.